Comment on page
Create a Trustless Computer
The Trustless Computer Create page is where you choose your Trustless Computer's configuration, like its rollup protocol, where to store the data, and which dapps (like DEX, NFT marketplace, or DAO) to enable.
Select whether you want to create a testnet or deploy a mainnet. The testnet is free.
You can choose from two types of rollups with different security models:
- Optimistic rollups: assumes transactions are valid by default and only runs computation, via a fraud proof, in the event of a challenge.
- Zero-knowledge rollups: runs computation off-chain and submits a validity proof to the chain.
Initially, there are two types of data availability options:
- Polygon: the data is written to the Polygon network. This is a pragmatic and hybrid approach, where data availability is on Polygon, and data validation is on Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin: thanks to the Taproot-type transaction, it is now possible to embed any data into a Bitcoin Blockchain, which will be permanently stored on the Bitcoin network and inherit its features, such as availability, immutability, and determinism.
There are three types of block time options:
- 2 seconds: this block time is perfectly suited for use cases like gaming.
- 5 seconds: for use cases requiring slightly less extreme speed, this option is suitable.
- 10 seconds: the most cost-effective rollup solution when speed is not a priority aligned with your preferences.
Similar to the minimum gas price on other EVM-based blockchains, the gas price for transactions within your Trustless Computer must be set to a value higher than or equal to the one you choose.
If you've selected Optimistic Rollups as your rollup protocol, you will need to determine a challenge period for your users' withdrawals. This entails requiring them to wait until the challenge period has passed before they can withdraw the funds held in escrow on Trustless Computer Layer 1.
The challenge period must be a value greater than zero, as it takes time for an individual (referred to as the challenger) to identify an invalid state root claim and subsequently initiate the challenge process. Presently, you have the option to select a period lasting from 1 hour to 7 days.
Lastly, you have the option to select common dApps (such as DEX, NFT marketplace, or DAO) that will come pre-installed on your Trustless Computer. This enables you to provide your users with a production-ready platform to commence using.
A configuration akin to Uniswap V3's DEX will be available for pre-installation at no cost. We will only deduct 0.05% per trade using a shared revenue model.
Similarly, a comprehensive NFT marketplace will be pre-established. A fee of 0.25% per order will be applicable.
In the event that you intend to initiate your project using a DAO model from day 1, you can opt to pre-install the dApp. No fees will be incurred.